Tag: Durham

New £2m Distribution Hub for Godfrey Syrett Opens

New £2m Distribution Hub for Godfrey Syrett Opens
Posted on 17 February, 2016 by Chris Grigorovsky under Commercial Developments, Commercial Sales and Lets, Industry News

Furniture manufacturer, Godfrey Syrett, is forever expanding and has recently opened a new £2m distribution hub on Durham’s Belmont Industrial Estate. The new facility, which was acquired last year on behalf of Godfrey Syrett, is newly refurbished... Read More

Interest high in proposed Durham Trade and Retail Park

Posted on 3 February, 2015 by Cliff Goodwin under Commercial Developments

A North-East entrepreneur, who last year unveiled plans for a £10m County Durham trade and retail park, says he is confident the scheme will be approved "within weeks". Andrew Ward — a one-time market trader who is now managing director of customised... Read More

Redevelopment Plans for Durham Shopping Centre Unveiled

Posted on 29 November, 2014 by Kirsten Kennedy under Commercial Developments

Increasing numbers of shopping centre owners are beginning to invest in upgrading their assets, with redevelopment plans set to bring numerous benefits to local communities. This has seen Clearbell Capital, owner of The Gates Shopping Centre in Durham,... Read More

Digital Bank Atom chooses Durham City Headquarters

Posted on 22 July, 2014 by Cliff Goodwin under Business News

After a three-month search the team behind Britain’s first all-digital bank has announced its bricks-and-mortar headquarters will be in Durham City. An initial 50 members of staff will move into 10,000sq ft of the county council-owned Northumbria... Read More

Developers acquire Durham Shopping Centre in £12 million Deal

Developers-acquire-Durham-Shopping-Centre-in-12 million-Deal
Posted on 11 July, 2014 by Kirsten Kennedy under Commercial Sales and Lets

Retail acquisitions have risen hugely in recent months as developers seek to cash in on the improving consumer climate, with a number of high profile deals being completed in regional areas throughout the UK. This week, London based property firm Clearbell... Read More

Bleak Future For Commercial Property Airport in Durham

Posted on 18 December, 2011 by MOVEHUT under Business News, Commercial Sales and Lets, Economy, Industry News

The future of Durham Tees Valley Airport (DTVA) looks bleak, as its major shareholder; Peel Airports decides to sell up. Peel Airports owns 75 per cent of the commercial property, whilst six local authorities own the remaining 25 per cent of the airport.... Read More