IKEA Centres Russia Shows New Moscow Shopping Centre at Expo

Posted on 7 October, 2015 by Chris Grigorovsky

The largest shopping centre operator in Russia and part of the IKEA Group, IKEA Centres Russia, will be taking part in the EXPO REAL event for the first time, to present a major 230,000 sqm flagship MEGA Mytischi shopping centre in Moscow and show the great potential Russia has for international retailers.

SAMARA RUSSIA - MARCH 9 2014: Sign IKEA at IKEA Samara Store. IKEA is the world's largest furniture retailer and sells ready to assemble furniture

MEGA Mytischi shopping centre is the fourth and largest of IKEA Centres Russia’s Moscow region centres, and is set to see substantial growth in population of 12 per cent by 2020. The centre is due to open in 2018, which will become an ideal location for retailers to present their flagship stores and unique retail concepts.

General Director of IKEA Centres Russia, Armin Michaely, commented: “We are excited to present our new flagship MEGA Mytischi shopping centre at EXPO REAL. We believe that this project will not only become one of the biggest retail destinations in Europe, but also will be a community hub and a place for well-being, discovery and inspiration for our guests.”

There will be 40% reserved in the shopping centre for its anchor stores, IKEA and Hypermarket, with the remaining 60% left for a mixture of fashion and sports brands, services, entertainment and food and beverage venues.

On top of the wide retail offering, the combination of the 40-acre park that surrounds MEGA Mytischi, its leisure activities and nearby historical landmarks, will give a unique pull of a cultural and recreational centre.

IKEA Centres Russia currently develops and manages 14 MEGA branded shopping centres throughout the country’s 11 largest cities, with populations of over one million people. Visitor numbers for MEGA have increased by 5 million during the 2015 financial year, with tenants’ sales reaching €5.6 billion. In 2015, 90 brands signed up to a MEGA centre.

Russia is Europe’s largest retail market by sales, with its retail turnover reaching €340 billion last year and 146 million consumers market. It’s becoming an essential destination for international retailers that seek growth in Europe.




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.


Recent Posts

The latest property data has identified Newquay as the fastest property seller’s market in the UK

Investing in your garden can increase your property’s value

French Riviera temping high-end homebuyers

How can the ownership rights of my commercial property impact a business sale?

Should I incorporate virtual property viewings permanently?

Investment expected to increase across Asia-Pacific in 2021

UK property industry slows as the conclusion of tax break looms

BNP Paribas cautioned investors on Friday as debt-trading bonanza that increased its earnings this past year

Over 300,000 property purchases fell through in 2020 – we show the most frequent motives and the best way to get your house sale back on track

House Prices in the Capital Surpass £500,000

Optimism from the Bank of England’s chief economist

The most expensive commercial properties.

Businesses operating from shared premises will miss out on grants

BA cuts 12,000 jobs, unions hit back

Media Streaming Service See Record Subscriptions

Covid-19 Causes Millions To Claim UK Furlough Scheme